WHO WE ARE:
We are Oxygen. A modern, agile, people-focused consultancy, delivering highly creative learning experiences, organizational strategies, and human-centric communications businesses and employees require to survive and thrive. Our work is an extension of our values, creativity, inclusion, and compassion, which are deeply engrained in our culture. We are home to an ever-expanding team of experienced strategic advisors, change agents, organizational architects, learning experts, enablement specialists, creative directors, filmmakers, experience designers, copywriters, authors, and producers. Together, we provide relevant, interdisciplinary expertise to help business leaders look beyond the status quo and turn obstacles into opportunities by empowering their people to achieve radical outcomes.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
As an integral member of Oxygen Experience’s management team, the People and Culture Manager is responsible for the ongoing planning, development, and execution of programs that enhance the recruitment and employment experience of a growing team that thrives on challenging the status quo. We strive to build an organization and culture that nurtures, challenges, and develops people. This role is both strategic and hands-on, providing leadership for the entire employment experience and helping to shape the ongoing evolution of Oxygen’s culture.
- Serve on Oxygen’s management team, helping to develop and execute recruitment plans and organization-wide programs to facilitate employee success and a positive team experience.
- Develop and implement HR programs and policies that effectively communicate and support the organization’s values, culture, practices, and strategies.
- Serve as a resource to all employees and as a strategic advisor to the senior management team on key organizational development issues.
- Provide leadership, direction, and counsel in all of the HR disciplines.
- Own day-to-day HR operations including recruiting, hiring, onboarding, salary and benefits management, 401k administration, documentation and compliance, employee relations, and performance management.
- Create and drive an annual review process.
- Manage a comprehensive employee onboarding and orientation program to ensure a consistent understanding among all employees of our values and norms, policies and practices, and various employee benefits.
- Support managers in a variety of employee relations issues including challenging situations and conversations, performance management, promotions, terminations, and investigations.
- Support the senior management team in establishing a thoughtful plan for recruitment, retention, leadership development, and succession that aligns with Oxygen’s goals.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of federal, multi-state and regional employment laws to ensure compliance wherever team-members are located.
- Support a positive employment experience through activities and events that reinforce our culture and values
YOU’LL LOVE WORKING WITH US IF YOU HAVE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR, business administration, or other relevant field (or equivalent employment and learning experiences)
- SPHR and/or SHRM-SCP preferred
- Experience as an HR department of one in a growing services business
- Seven or more years generalist experience with skill set and knowledge in key functions of responsibility
- Experience with HRIS/HRMS software and applicant tracking systems
- Experience with a diversified multi-state employee base
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Desire and ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds, cultures, perspectives and lived experiences
- Ability to work confidentially on highly sensitive issues.
- Commitment to understanding the breadth of the work and remaining curious about innovations in the field.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills combined with the ability to listen deeply and authentically
- Demonstrated capacity for self-reflection
- Ability to be adaptive and responsive to evolving priorities
- Ability to build quick credibility and ongoing trust with employees
- Demonstrated ability to recruit through focused outreach and advertising, thoughtful networking, and strong relationships
- Demonstrated ability to provide HR consultation to managers and employees on a broad range of HR issues
- Demonstrated ability to effectively coach employees and managers in conflict and issue resolution
- Ability to be self-directed, take ownership, and see projects to completion in a timely manner
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and a strong customer service orientation
- Common sense approach that balances the organization needs, employee needs, and legal requirements
- Strong project management and organizational skills with a record of developing and strengthening systems and processes
- Ability to work collaboratively, exercising good judgment, decision-making, and problem-solving skills to achieve shared goals
- Effective negotiation and contract management skills
- High-level of proficiency with MicrosoftOffice (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint) and Adobe (AcrobatDC), and ability to quickly adapt to new technologies
Full time, Virtual/ Remote. Ability to work and/or travel to Seattle HQ Office and Pacific Time Zone.
Oxygen Experience will offer the successful candidate a competitive base compensation and benefits package. The targeted range for this role is $90,000 to $130,000. Benefit offerings include 100% paid for medical, dental and vision coverage and generous coverage for dependents. Oxygen Experience also offers a 401(k) retirement savings plan, Flexible Spending Account, and a generous paid time-off (vacation, sick, holidays) program.
Oxygen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.